Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

So today is Valentine's Day the most apparent loving days of the year. I this year is the only one of my three best friends that doesn't have a boyfirend, and for some reason I'm not that upset about. I have never been a huge celebrater of Valentine's Day, well not as a teenager anyway. I rememeber when I was a child and it used to be so much fun. You would make a Valentine for all of the kids in your class and then of course one for your teacher, and you would put the cards into a paperbag that had been decorated with lace, hearts, glitter and red, pink and white crayons. It was fun and it the day used to mean chocolate and a party in class all day long. But now we're in high school and the meaning is completely different, people get stuff from their boyfriends and their best friends. You are no longer required to them to everyone, just the poepel you like. that's where the loneliness factor begins to come into play. People begin to wallow in self pity on this day more than any other day of the year. And that is what makes me angry because this day shouldn't be the only day of the year where you recieve some acknowledgment and, love from people in your life. Thats what I think some people seem to forget. In my opinion this holiday is meant to show people that you are thinking about them more than usual and especially for peopel who are married and busy, and don't get to see their significant others everyday for eight hours a day. So for all those people who are wallowing in their own self pity and are openly neagtive about Valentine's Day. Just stop because, your time will come and until then just enjoy spending time with the people you do love.

No comments:

Post a Comment